With the rising number of Covid-19 cases, the United States has been hit hard by the pandemic. This has posed a great hazard to household garbage. With a growing number of people staying home and wearing masks and creating other waste, potentially contaminated waste is increasing rapidly. This has become a great challenge for waste management and professionals who take care of junk removal in MN. Nobody knows how much of a risk Covid-19 waste poses to sanitation workers.
According to a recent article published in Wall Street Journal, “Medical-waste processors are handling more masks and gowns, while collectors worry about infected recycling and garbage.” Junk removal professionals have always treated with caution but this case is entirely different. Recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued guidelines specifically for waste disposal practices. It said, “Place all used gloves, facemasks and other contaminated items in a lined container before disposing of them with other household waste in lined receptacle.” The center also suggested additional tips to ensure safe junk removal in Minneapolis MN and they are:
- Handle and treat infectious waste with care.
- Use a single-use glove to handle waste or trash bag and discard them immediately.
- Tie the trash bags securely.
- Split and store trash in multiple bags to ensure it doesn’t spill.
- Store waste in tightly secured plastic bags.
- Don’t place trash bags in unprotected receptacles.
- Place trash only in trash bags and do not use any containers that can be reused.
- Bulk, yard waste will not be collected in few states as they focus on collecting normal household materials that pose a health risk to the community.
- Place recyclable items loosely in recycling bin and don’t bag these materials, because debagging these items may cause health risk to professionals who handle junk removal in MN.
The center also predicts an increase in the overall volume of trash because the contaminated household trash can cause health risk to people and they want it to be removed quickly and frequently.
Follow all the above tips diligently to ensure the safety of the junk removal professionals. When you hire the right provider of junk removal service in Minneapolis MN, you can enjoy efficient, safe and eco-friendly junk removal and need not worry about the pick up or disposal of trash.
In an effort to help limit exposure to the COVID-19 Virus, at Junk Happens, we are offering 10% off our load charge for items staged near or on the driveway. We make sure to remove the junk out of your way as quickly as possible. During this time of uncertainty, we care for you and family; you care for us by following all the above instructions and let us serve you the best during this pandemic.