Do you think it’s natural to dump yard waste over a fence or on common ground since its biodegradable? Then, you are absolutely wrong! Dumping yard waste is considered to be illegal in Minnesota and may even collect a fine up to $1100 for dumping yard and other wastes. Our law also prohibits sending yard waste into landfills. So, you may wonder how to deal with that accumulated yard waste. Here is the solution!
Hire a professional junk removal service in Minneapolis, and your yard will go to a licensed yard waste compost facility that converts it into organic compost that enriches soil nutrients. Follow the following procedures to properly dispose of yard waste.
- Store yard waste in a neat, clean, odor-free and sanitary manner.
- If possible, leave grass clippings on your own lawn to add valuable nutrients to the soil and reduce the need for fertilizers.
- Rent a chipper to convert heavy branches and shrubs into mulch and use them for your yard.
- Use a compost bin for your garden to covert yard and food waste into organic compost.
- If you are hiring a yard waste hauler then set out yard waste in containers with lifting handles or bio-degradable paper bags. Avoid plastic bags.
Acceptable Yard Wastes
Not all but only a selected items go into your yard waste and those include,
- Small Tree Trimmings, Branches
- Grass Clippings
- Brush, Hedge Trimmings
- Hay Bales
- Corn Stalks
- Household And Garden Plants
Some of the leading junk removal companies in Minneapolis will also take ATV’s, motorcycles, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, tillers, grills, and pretty much anything else you might find in your yard.